1. Start a new document and reflect upon your project using the following prompts.
- Purpose/aim: What do you want the audience to do after reading/consuming the text? Don’t just give the verb of the action (e.g., persuade, educate, call to action, entertain, inform, shock, etc.); instead, discuss the specific argument or type of entertainment or action to complete. Discuss at least three different specific elements within the project that support the purpose.
- Audience (intended, secondary, & tertiary): Who are your intended audiences? Things you might discuss about the audience include: age, experiences/beliefs (especially in relation to the purpose and/or topic), gender, occupation, location, socioeconomics, parents and peers, education, culture, etc. Be sure to discuss what the expectations of the audience are based on these details. Discuss at least three different specific elements within the project that support the audience.
- Subject/topic: What is the exact, focused topic being conveyed and/or argument being made. Most of the time you will cover this while discussing the purpose/aim.
- Context/setting: What things are happening in time and/or space that impact the production and/or consumption of the text? Discuss at least two different specific elements within the project that were impacted by the context.
2. Share-out: Copy/paste or upload your reflection below in the comments thread.