- Read about the Paramedic Method of making your writing more concise (consider searching for a few different examples of the method).
- Make a new copy of the current draft of your paper. Get a total word count of your draft (not including end-of-paper citations). Put your “before” word count at the top of the page.
- Apply the Paramedic Method to your current draft.
- After you’ve applied the Paramedic Method, get a new word count. Put the “after” word count at the top of the page.
- At the bottom of your draft, reflect on what you learned about yourself as a writer and as an editor. Reflect on how/why the draft is better (or not)?
- Share-out: Copy/paste your reflection below in the comments thread.