1. Open a document and put the full bibliographic citation of one source at the top of the page.
2. Work through the following prompts to analyze the authority and credibility of the source:
- Author: Who is/are the author/s? How and why do they have the authority or credibility to write/talk about this topic? Do they have special education? Specific experiences? (You can ask these same questions of editors!)
- Publishing Venue: Where did you find this source? What are the processes for work to be published/shared at this location? Who vets publications/sharing?
- Publishing Process: What process did the author/s have to go through to get this work published? Were there editors who vetted the work? Peer reviewers?
- Reference Network: Who is referenced in the source? What other sources are referenced in the source? Does that source appear connected to major discussions around the topic or in the disciplinary/professional field?
3. Share-out: In the comments thread, upload a document with your notes or provide a link to where you have posted your notes elsewhere (make sure they are posted publicly).