There are a variety of ways to engage with a source. Usually, we take basic notes that include the following:
- brief summary, and
- key terms/concepts w/definitions and/or descriptions.
1.Open a document and put the full bibliographic citation of one source at the top of the page.
2. Engage more deeply with your chosen source by using at least three of the engagement strategies listed below:
- quotes w/discussion
- questions w/discussion
- something very new/exciting w/discussion
- connections to other readings w/discussion
- connections to examples w/discussion
- connections to experiences w/discussion
- connections to course outcomes
- connections to personal course outcomes
3. Share-out: In the comments thread, upload a document with your notes or provide a link to where you have posted your notes elsewhere (make sure they are posted publicly). Be sure to include a full bibliographic citation of the source from which you are taking notes.