1. Use the following question and statement templates to help further define your research topic. Try out different template formats to help you discover the kind of question/argument you are attempting to address.
Experiment with several Research Question templates.
- How does ___________________ affect __________________?
- What is the result of _____________________?
- What is the cause of _____________________?
- What is the effect of _____________________?
- When _____________ occurs, what happens to ____________?
- What should be done about ___________________?
Try several of the Research Statement templates.
- By examining _____________________, I will show _______________________.
- Investigating how _____________ does _____________ reveals ________________.
- Exploring _______________ is important because __________________________.
- Using _____________ to analyze _______________, I will argue ________________.
- By researching ________________, I will demonstrate ________________________.
- ___________________ should be done to address/improve ____________________.
2. Share-out: Choose one of your questions or statements and post to the comments thread.