- Open a new document on your computer.
- Write down the topic in which you are currently interested.
- Generate 5-7 alternative or related words about the topic. Consider using a dictionary (or Merriam-Webster) and/or thesaurus to help.
- Ask lots questions about your topic–at least 25! Be sure to use all of the question words: who, what, when, why, where, and how.
- Pick two questions you are really interested in writing about and/or would fit the parameters of your assignment. Briefly discuss how/why these questions are a good fit.
- Pick two questions you know you don’t want to write about and/or would not be a good fit for your assignment. Briefly discuss how/why these questions are not a good fit.
- Share-out: Copy/paste or upload your writing to the comments thread.