This activity asks you to move away from words and into images to help you think further about the topics that interest you.
- Open a new document on your computer.
- Write down the topic in which you are currently interested.
- Generate 5-7 alternative or related words about the topic. Consider using a dictionary (or Merriam-Webster) and/or thesaurus to help.
- For every word, use a search engine filtered for image results to find at least two pictures.
- Find one image that makes you want to write about your topic.
- Find another image that makes you not want to write about your topic.
- In your document, type each word and include the image (or the URL/link) to each image.
- Next to the image, briefly write why you would or would not want to write about this topic based on the image.
- Share-out: Upload your document to the comments thread.