- Take a picture of something in your room. It can be anything–your favorite t-shirt, a poster, your laptop, a picture of another picture (whoooooa–Inception, man….), anything. Go wild.
- Upload that photo to your computer and place it in a document.
- Look at the writing assignment prompt your professor gave you. Write the main concept of the prompt beneath the photo you uploaded.
- Do a search online that combines the content of your photo with the main concept of the assignment prompt. For example, if you took a picture of your shoes and the main concept of your assignment prompt requires that you talk about social economics, you might search for “social economic status and shoes,” “shoes and social economics,” and “footwear and class stratification.” Notice with the last example we used synonyms for our words to possibly uncover some new insights.
- Find an article or website in your search that demonstrates a connection between your photo and your assignment prompt. This is a starting point for your research.
- Share-out: Post your image, main assignment prompt concept, and the best website URL you found in the comments thread. Format it as follows: [image] + [main assignment concept] = website URL.